The time has come...Andrew's first haircut. I know, I know...it was long overdue, but Dustin and I finally agreed that we needed to bring him in. We brought Andrew to Shear Fun, who specialize in kid's haircuts, and we hoped that his first experience wouldn't traumatize him too much.
What we didn't take into account was that Andrew would throw a fit because he couldn't take one of the cars in the play area with him to get his haircut. He bawled, whined, screamed and cried. Even the pacifier didn't help. He finally calmed down enough for the stylist to cut his hair.
Before pictures:
I know - it's long! :)
What we didn't take into account was that Andrew would throw a fit because he couldn't take one of the cars in the play area with him to get his haircut. He bawled, whined, screamed and cried. Even the pacifier didn't help. He finally calmed down enough for the stylist to cut his hair.
Before pictures:
I know - it's long! :)
Very handsome!
Overall, the haircut itself was not traumatizing and it didn't scare Andrew at all. It came down to wanting toys that didn't belong to him and making him give them up that caused all of his grief. To make it up to him, we enjoyed some Thai food next door and a free kid's cone from Dairy Queen.

No comments:
Post a Comment