We decided to take advantage of the nice weather while we still had it and spent an afternoon down at Shades State Park since it was only an hour away. Dustin wanted to get in some fishing and Buddha and I hit the trails.
Andrew was fascinated by the rocks and thought they were food. I took at least two rocks out of his mouth, but was not successful in getting him to spit out the mouth full of gravel that he was chewing.
Andrew loved the creek behind him, too. He saw plenty of mosquito fish swimming and wanted to get in there with them. When I realized that he wanted to get in further than his feet, I made the executive decision to take him walking on the trails.
Apparently, the trail I picked was not exactly stroller friendly. I was about 1/3 of the way through the loop when we encountered about 40 steps going down only to meet another 40 steps going up...suffice it to say, we turned around. I found a playground close by, so Andrew was able to run around.
He wasn't very successful climbing this wall.
But he went ahead and clapped for himself.
The wind started to pick up so Dustin came back from his fishing excursion to play with Andrew. He loved this slide!
Both of my boys looking at the sky when the storm started to roll in.
It was a nice little trip and it got us out of the house. Andrew had fun playing and if this nice cool weather keeps up, we'll head to Turkey Run next week.


No comments:
Post a Comment