Well, once again, it has been a month since I've posted last. Shame on me...again. It's been a crazy summer! Here's a little recap on what has happened to us the past few weeks. The week of 4th of July, our air conditioning unit went out (and of course, this had to happen during the heat wave of 100+ degree heat - thank you to the Bellomo's for letting us crash at their house) and took us 4 days to get someone out here to fix the problem; Andrew got heat exhaustion; Dustin and I were sick with sore throats and I had horrible canker sores in my mouth which prevented me from eating and talking; I restained the deck; Andrew knows where his wiener is; and Dustin has been steadily adding more items to our "garage sale" pile. So, depending on what has been going on in your life, our month has either been very exciting or nothing special.
Which brings us up to date to last week! Aunt Paula, Scuba Steve, Morganne, Trevor and Braydanne came up last week to visit Andrew (and us - although we are always an after thought) and run the Chicago Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon. Anyway, the Friday night they got here we decided to go to Santorini's for some fantastic Greek food. Now, if you remember the last time we went to Santorini's, Andrew was deathly afraid of the "flaming cheese." Now, realize it has been 5 months since we had dined here, so I thought maybe Andrew wouldn't be so freaked out.
He looks quite calm in this picture (pre-flaming cheese).
Still calm...
Now, I want you to look at the background in the picture below...that's right...we're outside now. Andrew was so upset with all of the flaming cheese around him, he couldn't stop crying or shaking. So, I had to bring him outside to calm him down and he refused to go back inside. The owner was so nice to us and so understanding. I asked her if I could just eat outside and she had no problem with that and even offered to move our entire group outside to eat (even though we had already started eating) with no problem. Andrew was much better after we situated ourselves outside.
Braydanne enjoying the atmosphere.
Still a little upset, but he's eating.
Morganne with a liquid libation.
Trevor
Aunt Paula and Scuba Steve
We still had a fantastic dinner and the customer service at Santorini's was spectacular, but I think Dustin and I are going to have to say "Good bye" to our flaming cheese for awhile.







No comments:
Post a Comment