Sunday, July 29, 2012

Chicago Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon

Sunday morning was the half marathon and everyone was pumped.  Dustin injured his Achilles a month back and it didn't heal in time for him to finish his training and run the whole half.  He wasn't planning on running, but he wanted to wear the shirt that came with his registration.  So, he found out that at mile 1 or 2, the runners would pass right in front of our hotel, so he devised a plan to run just the beginning of the race and stop at our hotel.  :)  That way, he felt he could wear his marathon shirt with pride.  :) 

The race was at 6:30 am, and Andrew and I were up by that time (we were still running on Eastern Time), so I got ready and headed downstairs to catch everyone running with the camera.



I waited 15-20 minutes and even saw the very last runner and cop car pass by, but I didn't see Dustin or anyone else.  I was so disappointed because I wanted to get a picture of him running.  Then I thought - Did Dustin keep running?  Shouldn't he be here at the hotel?  So, I went back up to the room to figure out where he went.


Yeah, well, I guess we just missed each other because Dustin was sitting in our room playing with this little turd.  Apparently, when I went outside, he was already finished.  I had exited the hotel and went right, while he was sitting to the left of the hotel and we never saw each other.  How typical.


So, while we waited for the other members of our family to finish the race, we went out for breakfast at Yolk.







While all of us are full of yummy breakfast, the other three are exhausted from their race.


Steve, Morganne, and Paula


Paula's Bon Jovi running shirt.




No comments:

Post a Comment