The day before we flew home, we made the 1.5 hour drive to Rocky Mountain National Park. It had been about 5 years since the last time we visited. This time we had Andrew with us and he got to have his first experience at a National Park.
One of Dustin's life goals is to hike to the top of Long's Peak. So, if we are fortunate enough to relocate to the Denver area, we will be training hardcore for this feat.
We saw lots of critters. Plenty of magpies, squirrels (but not your typical squirrels, we just aren't sure which species), elk and this guy below. It's definitely not a pika, but it seems too small to be a prairie dog, but I could be wrong. It's been awhile since I've been in the field.
Our fantastic view on Andrew's first hike in the Rockies!
Andrew kept getting side tracked on our hike, so I would walk backwards trying to get Andrew to follow us. Well, I guess he thought it was cool, so he started to walk backwards, too!
Making our way back down.
This kid loves water, so he had to put his little fingers in the FREEZING stream.
We were sad to leave Denver, but excited to see where the future will take us. Hopefully, it won't be too long before we're back.


















No comments:
Post a Comment