Andrew did not wake up with a fever today, so we thought that was a good enough reason for us to go the State Fair!
Here he is...all ready to go waiting at the door to the garage.
He was a little skeptical petting the animals, but once he saw mommy do it, he was okay.
Notice the pretzel stick in his left hand? About 30 seconds later, the sheep noticed it, too, and ate it while Andrew wasn't looking.
We feasted on all of the typical fair foods: corn dog, roasted corn, pork sandwich, elephant ear, grilled cheese sandwich, milkshakes and kettle corn for the trip home. We did not try the doughnut burger or deep fried oreos. I did want the sweet potato fries, but couldn't find room in my belly.
Andrew enjoyed part of a grilled cheese sandwich from the Dairy Bar.
And we shared a vanilla milkshake.
We think Andrew had a good time at his first fair. It was a little too warm for my tastes, but there were no crowds - so I guess I'll take it. :)
Do I even want to know what an elephant ear is?
ReplyDeleteSara
Elephant ears are inhumane!
ReplyDeleteYou don't want to know! I had to pry it out of Andrew's bloody hands. We were asked not to come back.
ReplyDelete