Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Chicago

Well, Dustin and I had a pretty exciting weekend. We decided it was finally time to get outside of Indianapolis! We headed to the Windy City of Chicago, IL with our friends Erik and Mark. Our first stop was Chinatown. To work up an appetite, we all posed in the square with our appropriate Chinese Zodiac signs.





Then we headed across the street for some Dim Sum at the Phoenix Restaurant. It was just as good as I remembered it...





And then before we left Chinatown, we had to have some delicious bubble tea! Sorry, no pictures of that one, but it was yummy!

With the help of our friend Erik, the real reason we went to Chicago last Sunday was to watch the musical "RENT" at the Oriental Theater. It was awesome! If you are a "RENT" fan, you will be jealous....Adam Pascal and Anthony Rapp reprised their roles as the original "Mark" and "Roger"! Teresa was extremely jealous. :)


It was a great trip and a great performance! As we were traveling back to Indianapolis, the Chicago weather decided to be crazy and snow was falling as we left the theater. It followed us until we were about 45 minutes north of Indianapolis. I'm just glad we didn't crash or die because the roads were slick and it was 2 am. Thanks for the defensive driving, Erik!

So, until next time...maybe we will attempt Cincinnati or Louisville! Happy Easter!

1 comment:

  1. Rosemary! I wish I could have gone to Chicago with you! I miss you too and wish everyday that we were still partners in crime...or work. Whatever! I will cal you think weekend. loveholli

    ReplyDelete