Thursday, March 24, 2011

Who needs a bottle?

For a few months now, we have been working with Andrew to get him used to using a sippy cup.  We have tried three different brands and the last one seemed to be working. 

The last couple of weeks, I have been using my gigantic hospital cup with straw as a container for my water during my workouts.  Well, Andrew is obsessed with anything that he is not supposed to have and has been sucking on the end of the straw.  I didn't think he would be able to get any water out, but I was once again proven wrong by my son that he is fully capable of doing whatever he sets his mind to.  Not only did he suck out water, but he really enjoyed it (and back washed into my water)!

So, during my last errand run, I decided to buy him his own set of straw sippy cups and see what would happen.  With these cups you have to suck a little harder because there is a spill proof valve and I wasn't sure if he was able to do it, but like I said, this baby keeps proving me wrong.  Andrew sat there fascinated with his new cup and used his straw like a champ!  Before I knew it...he had actually drank all of his water!  He never even did that with his regular sippy cup.  All I have to say is, success!  Bottle?  Who needs a stinkin' bottle?

No comments:

Post a Comment