Tuesday, March 3, 2009

House Hunting and Television Debut!

Well, it's been some time since I've written about anything. Work has been crazy for both of us! Dustin has been busy getting certified and I am trying to stay sane with hundreds of little children running around me every day.

We just found out that we can get a very nice tax credit if we buy a home before the end of the year. So, you know what that means....we are house hunting. We spent our weekend driving around Indianapolis looking for the perfect home and we discovered that houses can look amazing online if you have the right lighting and right photographer. At times I locked the car door for fear of our lives. Although the day was not a total loss. We did see many homes that could potentially be our dream home, but price was a factor. There was a beautiful home down town that we fell in love with that only cost a mere $300,000. That's not too bad for a starter home, right?

Anyway, we have been talking to banks to get this whole home buying thing started. It's very scary. We are planning on going out again this weekend to look at some more of our dream houses in a very nice (and by that I mean ritzy) neighborhood and we will attempt to take pictures so you can get an idea of where we want to live.

I was on tv last week. My boss at work also works at the local television station and has a show called "Indiana Expeditions." I was on his show when he talked about life cycles. It featured me, in my stunning lab coat, talking about plant life cycles. If you go to this website http://www.wfyi.org/indianaExpeditions.asp and scroll down to the section that says "Watch this episode online" you can click on #2 Life Cycle of a Plant and you will see the clip of the show that I was in. Dustin believed I was "cheezing" it, but I think I was just being my usual chipper self.

Other than that, a cold front has moved in the past week and it is once again bitterly cold outside. I do love winter...but it would be nice to see a little bit of spring.

Oh, and on a separate note, I am looking very forward to the release of the Twilight movie on DVD on March 21st. Paula, I know how much you appreciate this....finish the fourth book - I promise you won't regret it!

2 comments:

  1. My cousin.. the Movie Star! Remember me when you're famous. And sorry.. I have to agree with Dustin just a little.. "No Rick, they do grow into big boy plants.. why don't I show you?" lol... SUPER STAR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the twilight series! I can't believe my 11 year old nephew was the one that got me hooked into ready it but I've watched the movie 4 times now since it's on our satalite/tv at home and plays all day...Kenzie has even watched it with me and loves it! I think it caused her nightmares last night though. She used her blankie wrapped around her shoulders and told me she was Victoria...heehee

    ReplyDelete